Takeda Aogami Super
* Out of stock. Available for Pre-order. Place your order and product will ship when back in stock.
Takeda knives are hand made by blacksmith Shosui Takeda in Okayama, Japan. Mr. Takeda is a 3rd generation master blacksmith and each knife is carefully and painstakingly forged and tempered out of Blue Aogami Super Steel. Aogami steel is a hard carbon steel , which holds an incredible edge, while still being easy to sharpen. Each Takeda knife is completely unique and razor sharp out of the box. As each knife is handmade, blade lengths and profiles may vary slightly.
* Due to the unique shape of each knife, wooden sheaths do not fit the Takeda knives.
|Thickness at spine
|Thickness at tip
|Hardness (Rockwell scale)
Bevel / Edge
Use & Care
- Handwash in warm water and towel dry
- Do not cut frozen foods
- Use a sharpening stone, not a honing steel, to re-sharpen your knife.
- Carbon steel is not stain resistant. Wipe completely dry after use.